Friday 10 August 2012

MY FIRST JOB

                                                 

Let’s talk about my first job in South Africa, Cape Town to be précised, when I first came to Cape Town in 2011, I was feeling so home sick that I wished to go back home to my family but; then I realised that going back would be a huge disappointment to the people I care about and it would be a total waste of time and money.
Besides I was yet to start my B-Tech so, I decided to put together a CV and go in search of a job, something to keep me busy for the main time, luckily for me i got one soon enough and to my greatest surprise, my colleagues’ were so unfriendly and upset at first, for the facts that; I was being dedicated towards my job responsibilities and that really scared me a great deal.

Soon enough I was promoted ahead of the old employees who were there before me as the duty manager, then the jealousy sets in, it was all strange to me.   Although; the more time I spend in South Africa, the more I began to understand certain things, the point in this whole story; emphasizes on the need, to be determined in all that you do and never let the jealousy  and hostility of other people change who you are or stop you from doing what is right. 

Image: swindonweb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment